Keep clear of equipment when equipment is being
raised or lowered. Equipment may fall and cause
serious injury or death to personnel.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive
electrical circuits, a direct short may result.
Damage to equipment, injury or death to
personnel may occur.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Raise LHS until middle frame is
approximately 3 ft (91 cm) above
the transit position.
(3) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(4) Set multimeter select switch
to volts dc.
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter
lead at main junction box
(6) Connect negative () multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(7) Turn ON ENGINE switch.
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, turn OFF ENGINE
switch, replace proximity
switch (Para 7-37) and perform
Steps (8) through (12)
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc
present, proximity switch is
OK. Perform Steps (8)
through (12) below.
(8) Start engine.
(9) Put LHS in transit position.
(10) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(11) Close main junction box and tighten
(12) Install LHS control box cover,
four lockwashers and screws.
When opening the main junction box, do not pull
or allow front of junction box to hang by the wire
connections. Failure to comply will damage the