(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Push in middle frame safe lowering
(3) Is there continuity between middle
frame safe lowering button wire 1478
and wire 1479?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
middle frame safe lowering button
(b) If there is continuity, safe
lowering button is OK.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch
to volts dc.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
at middle frame safe lowering button
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, turn OFF ENGINE switch
and repair wire 1479 (see
schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc present,
wire 1479 is OK.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Do not allow the LHS control box assembly cover to hang from console by the wire connections to the
control box assembly. Failure to comply will damage the wire connections.