(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Push in hook arm safe lowering
(3) Is there continuity between hook
arm safe lowering button wire 1477
and button wire 1479?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
hook arm safe lowering button
(b) If there is continuity, safe
lowering button is OK.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch
to volts dc.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to middle frame safe lowering button
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, perform Step (5) below
and repair wire 1479
(see schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc present,
wire 1479 is OK.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.