(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is there continuity between safe
lowering button wire 1477 and main
junction box terminal 10?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1477 (see schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1477
(3) Close main junction box and tighten
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury
or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Set hydraulic selector switch to
(3) Raise LHS until middle frame is
approximately 3 ft (91 cm) above
(4) Push in hook arm safe lowering
(a) If hook arm does not lower to the
transit position, fault not
corrected. Perform Steps (5)
through (7) below and notify DS
(b) If hook arm lowers to the transit
position, fault has been corrected.
(5) Set hydraulic selector switch to
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(7) Install LHS control box cover, four
lockwashers and screws.