(1) Remove eight nuts, screws, and
switch guard from LHS control
(2) Carefully lift LHS control assembly.
cover off. Do not allow cover to
dangle by joystick connecting wires.
(3) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(4) Set hydraulic selector switch to MAN
(5) Observe red indicator lights at bottom
of LHS control assembly while holding
joystick in LOAD position.
(a) If FREE FLOW VALVE light does
not illuminate, replace LHS control
assembly (Para 7-40).
(b) If FREE FLOW VALVE light
illuminates, LHS control
assembly is OK.
(6) Set hydraulic selector switch to OFF
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install cover, switch guard and eight
nuts on LHS control assembly.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Do not allow the LHS control box assembly
cover to hang from console by the wire
connections to the control box assembly.
Failure to comply will damage the wire