Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog
tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or
tools contact positive electrical circuits,
a direct short may result. Damage to
equipment, injury or death to personnel
Adhesive, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from open
fire and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets
on skin or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(1) Remove LHS control assembly
(2) Disconnect free flow valve harness
(3) Connect harness connector MC81,
terminal J to a known good ground
(4) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(5) Is there continuity between free flow
valve harness connector, terminal 2
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1462 (see schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1462 is
(6) Install harness connector on free flow
(7) Tighten connector screw and coat
head of connector screw with