(1) Insert positive (+) multimeter lead,
with long probe installed, at back of
connector MC109, terminal 9.
(2) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to front manifold ground braid.
(3) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 13-14 vdc are not present,
turn OFF ENGINE switch and
replace front manifold (Para 13-8).
(b) If 13-14 vdc are present, front
manifold is OK.
(4) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to
(1) Disconnect harness connectors
MC109 and MC111.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is there continuity between harness
connectors MC109, terminal 9 and
MC111, terminal 9?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 1064 (see schematic
Fig 2-48) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1064 is
OK, replace CTIS controller
(4) Connect harness connectors MC109
(5) Close front access cover