(1) Loosen four screws and open LHS
(2) Set multimeter selector switch
to volts dc.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to LHS junction box, terminal 1.
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, repair wire 1461
(see schematic Fig 2-52) or notify
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc are
present, wire 1461 is OK.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1435 from terminal 3.
(2) Set multimeter selector switch to
(3) Is there continuity between wire 1435
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1435 (see schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance and
perform Step (5) below.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435