(1) Remove four screws, lockwashers and
LHS control box cover. Discard
(2) Loosen four screws and open main
(3) Set multimeter selector switch to
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to main junction box, terminal 9.
(5) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(6) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If there are not 22 to 28 vdc
present, perform Steps (7) through
(9) below and go to Fault 5 of
(b) If there are 22 to 28 vdc present,
perform Steps (7) through (9)
below and go to Step 5 of this
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Close main junction box and tighten
(9) Install LHS control box cover, four
lockwashers and screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment,
Only remove center screw on engine side of LHS
control box cover.