(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is there continuity between ON/OFF
EMERGENCY STOP switch, terminal
8A and Boom four terminal connector,
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 8 between switch and BOOM
four terminal connector (see
schematic Fig 2-58) or notify DS
(b) If there is continuity, wire 8 is OK.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may result.
(1) Disconnect remote control unit
cable (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Is there continuity between remote
control unit hookup, terminal B and
four terminal connector, terminal 2F?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
2 between hookup and connector
(see schematic Fig 2-58) or notify
(b) If there is continuity, perform
Steps (3) through (5) below and
go to Step 8 of this Fault.
(3) Install ON/OFF EMERGENCY STOP
switch (Para 18-4).
(4) Install controller (Para 18-4).
(5) Install boom controller (Para 18-4).