(1) Remove 15 screws and ECB
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect multimeter positive (+)
lead to relay R22, terminal 30.
(4) Connect negative multimeter ()
lead to relay R22, terminal 87.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(6) Set crane POWER switch to ON
(7) Press the HIGH IDLE switch to
LATCH position and release.
(a) If there is no continuity,
perform Steps (8) and (9)
below and go to Step 12 of this
(b) If there is continuity, perform
Steps (8) through (10) below
and go to DDEC II
troubleshooting, Fault 4.
(8) Set crane POWER switch to OFF
(9) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(10) Install ECB covers with 15 screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or
death to personnel may occur.
Circuit breakers CB5, CB6, CB12, CB20,
CB23 and relays R3, R13 - R19, R26, R28,
and R33 are always electrically hot and can
cause severe injury to personnel. Care must
exercised when working under the electrical
circuit board cover.
Relay test must be performed with relay
Use of insulated test leads are required
for Steps (3) and (4).