(1) Remove six screws and tilt ECB side
panel. Do not disconnect wires.
(2) Disconnect harness connector from
WINCH IN/OUT switch.
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is there continuity between
WINCH IN/OUT terminals 1 and 3
with switch in the OUT position.
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
switch (Para 17-20) and go to
Step 4 of this Fault.
(b) If there is continuity, repair
wire 1729 (see schematic
Fig 2-65) and perform Steps (5)
and (6) below or notify DS
(5) Connect harness connector to WINCH
(6) Install ECB side panel with six screws.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.