(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Hold arctic heater switch in START
position (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(3) Is there continuity between terminals 5
and 2 and terminals 5 and 4 when
arctic heater switch is in START
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
arctic heater switch (Para 21-3).
(b) If there is continuity, arctic heater
switch is OK.
(4) Release arctic heater switch.
(5) Connect arctic heater switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to relay R33 terminal, terminal 30.
(3) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Set arctic heater switch to START,
then to ON position
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
turn OFF arctic heater switch and
repair wire 1645 (see schematic
Fig 2-74) or notify DS
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
wire 1645 is OK.
(5) Turn OFF arctic heater switch.
Relay test must be performed with relay