(1) Remove eight screws and heater
(2) Disconnect jumper wire from connector
S4 terminal 1.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead to
(4) Connect negative () multimeter lead to
a know good ground.
(5) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, perform
Step (6) below and repair jumper
wire (see schematic Fig 2-76)
or notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, perform
Steps (6), (7) and (8) below and go to
Step 7 of this Fault.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(7) Connect jumper wire to connector S4
(8) Install heater compartment panel with
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.