Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.
(1) Cycle LHS so sensor plate on hook
arm covers CHU proximity switch
(2) Loosen four screws and remove cover
from CHU control box.
(3) Remove relay R50 from CHU control
box (Para 21-23).
(4) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(5) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(6) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead to
relay R50, terminal 87.
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Step (8) below and go to
Step 4 of this Fault.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, prox-
imity switch is OK, perform Steps
(7) and (8) below and go to Step 6
of this Fault.
(7) Install relay R50 on CHU control box
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.