Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.
(1) Turn engine switch ON
(2) Cycle LHS in AUTO mode until main
frame cylinders begin to extend.
(3) Turn off engine.
(4) Turn engine switch to ON position
(5) Hold LHS control in UNLOAD position.
(6) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(7) Is there continuity at relay R52
between terminals 87 and 30?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
relay R52 (Para 21-23).
(b) If there is continuity, replace
relay R51 (Para 21-23).
(8) Turn off engine switch.
(9) Install cover on CHU control box and
tighten four screws.
Connect multimeter leads only to terminals
indicated. Connecting multimeter to other
terminals may cause damage to vehicle or test