C-7. LOCKWIRE ROPE FABRICATION.
The lockwire length is shown in Table C-6. Crimped button stop caps are used to attach the lockwire to other
components. Each application requires two swaging sleeve clips.
1. Obtain all components required to fabricate lockwire.
2. Use a fine toothed hacksaw or suitable cutting device, and cut lockwire to length required.
3. Slide wire through hole in component, until lockwire comes through other side.
4. Slide cap onto lockwire, until cap bottoms against component and wire comes through cap.
5. Crimp cap to lockwire.
6. Slide opposite end of wire through assembly, and slide other cap over end of wire.
7. Slide wire through hole in component, until lockwire comes through other side.
8. Slide cap onto lockwire, until cap bottoms against component and wire comes through cap.
9. Crimp cap to lockwire
The following wire rope is cut from bulk stock. Refer to Table C-6 for cutting lengths.
Table C-6. Lockwire Rope
Bulk Park Number