2-7. OPERATOR'S PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
Table 2-1. Operator's Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) - CONT.
Not Fully Mission
S Do not increase engine speed above 1200 RPM, PLS, or
HEMTT, or pull trailer more than 2 ft. (61 cm). Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
S Trailer must be unloaded prior to performing brake test. Failure
to comply may result in damage to equipment.
Trailer air system must be fully charged to 120 psi (827 kPa).
a. Check operation of trailer handbrake
control (2.1) by connecting trailer to towing
(1) With engine at idle, apply service brake
(2) Engage transmission range selector to
(3) Fully apply trailer handbrake control
(4) Release service brake pedal (2.2).
(5) Gradually increase engine speed to 900
RPM for PLS or 1100 RPM for HEMTT.
(6) Trailer brakes should hold truck in
Trailer brakes do not
hold truck in place.
(7) Reduce engine rpm to idle.
(8) Apply service brake pedal (2.2).
(9) Release trailer handbrake control (2.1).