Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to center contact of socket.
(3) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Step (5) below and go to
Step 4 of this Fault.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
side marker light socket is OK.
(5) Turn off lights and turn OFF ENGINE
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is there continuity between front
marker light socket ground and
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
front marker light (Para 4-27).
(b) If there is continuity,
repair/replace wire 1435-23 (see
schematic Fig FO-1) or replace
front side marker harness
(Para 4-30) and perform Steps (3)
and (4) below.
(3) Install marker light lamp.
(4) Install light lens and two screws.