Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or
death to personnel may occur.
Resistors mounted on exterior of junction box
assembly reach very high temperatures when
power is applied to circuit. Avoid touching
or contacting resistors when working in or
around junction boxes. Failure to comply could
result in injury to personnel.
(1) Disconnect wire 1012-24 connector
from front marker light connector.
(2) Is there continuity measured between
center contact of marker light socket
and marker light connector?
(a) If there is no continuity,
replace front marker light
(b) If there is continuity, marker light
(3) Install marker light lamp.
(4) Install light lens and two screws.
(1) Loosen four captive screws and
remove front junction box cover.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to front junction box, terminal 24.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below,
and replace front junction box
assembly (Para 4-25).
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, repair
wire 1012-24 (see schematic
Fig FO-1) or replace front side
marker harness (Para 4-30).
(6) Turn off lights and perform Steps (7)
through (9) below.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install front junction box cover and
tighten four captive screws.
(9) Connect wire 1012-24 connector to
front marker light connector.