Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1012-26 connector
from marker light connector.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is continuity measured on center
contact of marker light socket and
(a) If there is no continuity,
replace marker light (Para 4-27).
(b) If there is continuity, marker light
(4) Install side marker light lamp.
(5) Install light lens and two screws.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1012-26 connector.
(3) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (5) and (6) below
and repair wire 1012-26 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1) or replace
rear side marker harness
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
wire 1012-26 is OK.
(5) Turn off lights.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(7) Connect wire 1012-26 connector to
marker light connector.