Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or
death to personnel may occur.
Resistors mounted on exterior of junction box
assembly reach very high temperatures when
power is applied to circuit. Avoid touching
or contacting resistors when working in or
around junction boxes. Failure to comply
could result in injury to personnel.
(1) Remove four locknuts and rear
junction box guard. Discard
(2) Loosen four captive screws and
remove rear junction box.
(3) Set multimeter select switch to
(4) Connect positive (+) multimeter
lead to rear junction box,
(5) Connect negative (--) multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(6) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (7) and (8) below
and replace rear junction box
assembly (Para 4-26).
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, repair
wire 1008/21-29 (see schematic,
Fig FO-1) or replace composite
light harness (Para 4-30) and
perform Steps (7) through (10).
(7) Turn off lights.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(9) Install junction box cover and
tighten four captive screws.
(10) Install rear junction box guard and