Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(1.1)If LED composite light is installed,
disconnect wire 1678/23-28.
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1678/23-28 at blackout
(3) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) Turn on BLACKOUT LIGHTS selector
(5) While assistant fully applies brake
pedal, observe blackout stoplights.
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) thru (8) below
and repair wire 1678/23-28 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1) or replace
composite light wire harness
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present and
composite light is installed, wire
1678/23-28 is OK. Fault not
corrected. Perform Steps
(6) thru (8) below and notify
(c) If 22 to 28 vdc are present and
LED composite light is installed,
Perform Steps (6) thru (8) below
and replace LED composite light
(6) Release brake pedal.
(7) Turn off BLACKOUT LIGHTS selector
(8) Connect wire 1678/23-28 connector to
blackout taillight connector.