Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.
Resistors mounted on exterior of junction box
assembly reach very high temperature when
power is applied to circuit. Avoid touching or
contacting resistors when working in or around
junction boxes. Failure to comply could result
in injury to personnel.
(1) Loosen four captive screws and
remove front junction box cover.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to vdc.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to front junction box assembly
(4) Connect negative (-) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and replace front junction box
assembly (Para 4-25).
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present front
junction box assembly is OK.
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install front junction box assembly
cover and tighten four captive screws.