Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools
contact positive electrical circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to
equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove rear junction box cover.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter
lead to rear junction box
terminal, wire 1008B.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter
lead to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and go to Step 4 of this Fault.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, repair
wire 1008B/21 (see schematic,
Fig FO-1.1) or replace composite
light wire harness (Para 4-30.1).
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Install junction box cover.