Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) If connected, disconnect diode
assembly from diode assembly
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to diode assembly connector
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) through (8)
below and repair wire 1008C (see
schematic Fig FO-1.1) or replace
trailer main wire harness (Para
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, perform
Steps (6) and (7) below and replace
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect diode assembly to diode