Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect 24 vdc (12 terminal) cable
from connector MC15.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to volts dc.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin B on trailer end connector.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to pin D on trailer end connector.
(5) While assistant fully applies brake
pedal, observe multimeter
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
release brake pedal and
repair/replace 24 vdc cable.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
24 vdc cable is OK.
(6) Release brake pedal.
(7) Connect 24 vdc cable to connector