Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to center contact of socket.
(3) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If there are not 10 to 14 vdc
present, perform Steps (5) and (6)
below and go to Step 4 of this
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc present,
perform Steps (5) and (6) below
and go to Step 3 of this fault.
(5) Turn off lights.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is continuity measured between
ground side of marker light socket
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
rear side marker light (Para 4-27).
(b) If there is continuity, rear side
marker light is OK. Fault
not corrected. Notify supervisor.