Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1003/22-30 at
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is continuity measured between center
contact of stoplight socket
(a) If there is no continuity,
replace composite light
(b) If there is continuity, composite
light is OK.
(4) Connect wire 1003/22-30 to
(5) Install lamp in stoplight socket.
(6) Install preformed packing and
composite light cover, and tighten six
(1) Disconnect 12 vdc (7 pin) cable from
front junction box connector MC16.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin C on trailer end connector.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to pin A on trailer end of
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and fully applies brake pedal,
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below,
and replace 12 vdc cable.
(b) If 10 to 12 vdc are present, 12 vdc
cable assembly is OK.
(6) Release brake pedal.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect 12 vdc cable to front junction
box connector MC16.