Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury or
death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect 12 vdc cable from
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin B on 12 vdc cable.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to pin A on 12 vdc cable.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on LIGHT switch,
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair 12 vdc cable
(Para 4-31) or replace 12 vdc
cable (Para 2-9).
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present, 12 vdc
cable is OK.
(6) Turn off LIGHT switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect 12 vdc cable to connector