Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect wire 1012B at nonoperating
rear side marker light.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 1012B.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If there are not 10 to 14 vdc
present, perform Steps (6) and (7)
below and repair wire 1012B
(see schematic Fig FO-1.1) or
replace rear side marker light wire
harness (Para 4-30.1).
(b) If there are 10 to 14 vdc present,
wire 1012B is OK. Perform
Steps (6) and (7) below
and go to Step 3 of this fault.
(6) Turn off lights.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(8) Connect wire 1012B.
(1) Remove two screws and lens cover.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is continuity measured between
rear side marker light ground contact
and a known good ground?
(a) If there is no continuity, repair
wire 1435 (see schematic, Fig
FO-1.1) or replace rear side marker
light wire harness (Para 4-30.1).
(b) If there is continuity, replace rear
side marker light assembly
(4) Install lens cover and two screws.