Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) If disconnected, connect diode assembly
to diode assembly connector.
(2) Remove rear junction box cover.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to rear junction box, wire 1003C.
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead to
a known good ground.
(5) While assistant fully applies brake pedal,
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
release brake pedal and go to
Step 5 of this fault.
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
release brake pedal and repair
wire 1003C/22 (see schematic,
Fig FO-1.1) or replace composite
light wire harness (Para 4-30.1).
(6) Install rear junction box cover.