Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short may
result. Damage to equipment, injury or death
to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect diode assembly from
diode assembly connector.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to vdc.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to diode assembly connector terminal
(4) Connect negative (- ) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on LIGHT switch,
(a) If 10 to 14 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair wire 1012-2 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1.1) or replace
trailer main wire harness
(b) If 10 to 14 vdc are present,
wire 1012-2 OK.
(6) Turn off LIGHT switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.