(1) Visually inspect locking mechanism,
looking for bent, broken and/or
(2) Operate locking mechanism by hand;
ensure that locking components move
freely and do not interfere with each
(a) If locking components are
damaged or do not operate freely,
replace damaged locking
components (Para 4-66).
(b) If locking components are not
damaged and move freely,
locking mechanism is OK.
(3) Cage air chamber (Para 4-65).
(4) Install upper locking pin in
air chamber clevis (Para 4-67).
(5) Uncage air chamber.
(1) Push in flatrack locking valve and
observe flatrack locking latch(es)
(a) If latch(es) do not lock, fault not
corrected. Pull out flatrack
locking valve, and notify DS
(b) If latch(es) locks, fault corrected.
(2) Pull out flatrack locking valve.