If air lines are disconnected while under 90 to 125 psi (621-862 kPa), they can whip around and cause
injury or death to personnel. Air system should be drained and air bag control valve set in center position
before air bag air lines are disconnected.
(1) Move air bag control lever in the
down position (Para 2-9).
(2) Disconnect air hose 2224 from
(3) Connect 0 to 160 psi (1103 kPa)
pressure gage to air hose 2224.
(4) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(5) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(6) While assistant raises air bag
control lever to up position, observe
(a) If 1255 psi (86234 kPa) is
not measured, perform Steps (7)
through (11) below and replace
inversion valve (Para 4-49).
(b) If 1255 psi (86234 kPa) is
measured, inversion valve is OK.
(7) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(8) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(9) Lower air bag control lever to
(10) Disconnect air hose 2224 from
(11) Connect air hose 2224 to