If air lines are disconnected while under 90 to 125 psi (621-862 kPa), they can whip around and
cause injury or death to personnel. Air system should be drained and air bag control valve set in
center position before air bag air lines are disconnected.
Drawbar weighs 425 lbs (193 kg), (850 lbs (386 kg) with drawbar extension, if equipped). Drawbar
may raise quickly or fall suddenly to the ground when released from coupler. Do not allow feet or
body to get under or above drawbar. Serious injury to personnel may result.
Inspect air lines 2224, 2226, 2225, 2231,
2232 and fittings for crimps or blockage.
(1) If air hose(s) and fitting(s) are
crimped or blocked, clean, repair or
replace air hose(s) (see schematic
(2) If air lines and fittings are OK,
go to Step (3) of this Fault.
AIR BAG CONTROL VALVE
(1) Move air bag control lever in the
(2) Disconnect air hose 2231 from check
(3) Raise air bag control lever to
(4) While assistant lowers air bag control
lever to down position, listen to air
(a) If air does not escape from air
hose 2231, perform Steps (5)
and (6) below and replace control
valve (Para 4-44).
(b) If air escapes from air hose
2231, perform Steps (5) and (6)
below and replace relief valve
(5) Raise air bag control lever to center
(6) Connect air hose 2231 to relief valve.