(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums,
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from releasing.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(3) While assistant drives truck and pulls
trailer, observe wheel(s) on axle.
(a) If wheels drag, fault not
corrected. Perform Steps (4)
through (6) below and notify
(b) If wheels do not drag,
(4) Stop truck.
(5) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.