(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from releasing.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(3) While assistant pulls out trailer charge
valve, observe operation of brake
(a) If brakes do not operate correctly,
fault not corrected. Perform
Steps (4) and (5) below and notify
(b) If brakes operate correctly,
(4) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.