(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from applying.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(3) While assistant fully applies brake
pedal, observe brake(s) operation.
(a) If brakes do not apply or apply
slowing, fault not corrected.
Perform Steps (4) through (6)
below, and notify supervisor.
(b) If brakes apply correctly,
(4) Release brake pedal.
(5) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.