(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from releasing.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
(3) While assistant drives truck and then
applies brake pedal, observe wheels
on trailer with brakes.
(a) If trailer does not brake evenly
correctly, fault not corrected.
Perform Steps (4) and (5) below
and notify supervisor.
(b) If trailer brakes correctly,
(4) Pull out trailer charge valve.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.