(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
(3) While assistant fully applies brake
pedal, listen for air to exhaust from
quick release valve.
(a) If air does not exhaust from valve,
perform Steps (4) and (5) below
and go to Step (4) (Para 4-51).
(b) If air exhausts from valve, replace
valve (Para 4-51).
(4) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(5) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from releasing.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.