(1) Remove brake drum (Para 4-58).
(2) Visually inspect brake shoes, drum,
and other brake components for
excessive wear, broken brake shoe,
springs, loose shoes, grooved drums,
and other damage that will prevent
brakes from releasing.
(a) If brake components are
damaged, replace damaged
brake components (Para 4-35).
(b) If brake components are not
damaged, brake components
(3) Install brake drum.
(1) Raise up trailer (Para 4-57) and
support side so the wheel(s) is off the
(2) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(3) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(4) Spin wheel and listen to and observe
(a) If wheel(s) do not spin freely,
fault not corrected. Perform
Steps (5) through (7) below and
(b) If wheel(s) spins freely,
(5) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
(7) Remove support from side and lower
trailer to ground.