(1) Remove wheel hub and bearings from
suspect wheel (Para 4-58).
(2) Clean bearings and inspect them
(3) Clean hub and inspect it for
(b) Scratches and grooves
(4) Inspect spindle for damage.
(a) Scratches and grooves on
(b) Spindle bent.
(5) Replace faulty components
(a) If spindle journals and/or grooves
are bent or scratched, notify DS
(b) If spindle, journals and grooves
are free of damage, fault not
corrected, install wheel hub and
bearings (Para 4-58).
(1) Start engine (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(2) Push in trailer charge valve in
truck (Para 2-22).
(3) While assistant drives truck, observe
(a) If wheel shimmies and wobbles,
fault not corrected. Perform
Steps (4) through (6) below and
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If wheel does not shimmy or
wobble, fault not corrected.
(4) Stop truck.
(5) Pull out trailer charge valve in truck.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.