Never use silicone, solvents, or petroleum
based lubricants on tire bead or tire bead
seat areas. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(10) Lubricate both tire beads with tire lubricant, making sure
excess lubricant does not run down into tire (6).
Tire weighs 233 lbs (106 kg). Use suitable
lifting device to lift wheel assembly and
prevent possible injury to personnel.
(11) Using a lifting device, position tire (1) on inner wheel (10).
(12) Remove lifting device from tire (1).
Keep hands clear of studs and outer
face of wheel to prevent injury to
Outer wheel weighs 55 lbs (25 kg).
Use an assistant to prevent possible
injury to personnel.
Alignment holes in outer wheel must
align with alignment holes in inner
Ensure preformed packing remains
seated in correct position in groove
before installing outer wheel.
(13) With the aid of an assistant, position outer wheel (9)
over the inner wheel studs (8), making sure alignment
holes line up.
(14) Install alignment pins (17), and align outer wheel (9)
with inner wheel (10).
(15) Install locknuts (7) on studs (8).