(1) Remove four screws and lift
transmission shift selector from
(2) Disconnect shift selector connector
MC12 from shift selector.
(3) Set multimeter select switch to diode
(4) Connect a jumperwire between shift
controller MC12, terminal 9 and a
known good ground.
(5) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to wire 231 at NEUTRAL relay R11,
(6) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(a) If any vdc are not present, remove
jumper and repair wire 231
(see schematic Fig 2-25) or
notify DS Maintenance and
remove jumper from connector
(b) If any vdc are present, wire 231
(7) Remove jumper from connector
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
Circuit breakers CB5, CB6, CB12, CB20, CB22, CB23 and relays R3, R13 - R19, R26, R28, R32, R33
are always electrically hot and can cause severe injury to personnel. Care must be exercised when
working under the electrical circuit board cover.
Relay test must be performed with relay