(1) Disconnect connector MC73 from fan
(2) Set multimeter select switch to
(3) Turn ON ENGINE switch
(4) Connect positive multimeter lead to
connector MC73, terminal A.
(5) Connect negative () multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Step (6) below
and repair wire 1538 (see
schematic Fig 2-67), or notify DS
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
wire 1538 is OK.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.
Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(2) Is there continuity between connector
MC73, terminal B and a known
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1435 (see schematic Fig 2-67) or
notify DS Maintenance. Perform
Step (3) below.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435 is
(3) Connect connector MC73 to fan