Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog
tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or
tools contact positive electrical circuits,
a direct short may result. Damage to
equipment, injury or death to personnel
Adhesive, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid injury or death, keep away from open
fire and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound gets
on skin or clothing, wash immediately with
soap and water.
(1) Connect free flow valve connector
terminal 1 to a known good ground using
(2) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(3) Is there continuity between harness
connector MC81 terminal L and a known
(a) If there is no continuity, repair wire
1435 (see schematic Fig 2-52) or
notify DS Maintenance.
(b) If there is continuity, wire 1435 is
OK. Replace LHS control assembly
(4) Remove jumperwire from free flow
solenoid valve harness connector
terminal 1 and ground.
(5) Install harness connector on free flow
(6) Tighten connector screw and coat head
of connector screw with adhesive.
(7) Install LHS control assembly (Para 7-40).
(8) Install LHS control box cover with four
screws and lockwashers.