Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
(1) Remove two screws and rear marker
(2) Remove light lamp.
(3) Set multimeter select switch to ohms.
(4) Is there continuity across light lamp?
(a) If there is no continuity, replace
lamp (Para 4-27).
(b) If there is continuity, lamp is OK.
(1) Set multimeter select switch to
(2) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to center contact of socket.
(3) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(4) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on lights, observe
multimeter (TM 9-2320-364-10).
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (5) and (6) below
and go to Step 5 of this Fault.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present,
rear marker light socket is OK.
(5) Turn off lights.
(6) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.