Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags, bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact positive electrical
circuits, a direct short may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or death to personnel may occur.
Resistors mounted on exterior of junction box assembly reach very high temperatures when power is
applied to circuit. Avoid touching or contacting resistors when working in or around junction boxes.
Failure to comply could result in injury to personnel.
(1) Disconnect 24 vdc (12 terminal) cable
from front junction box
(2) Set multimeter select switch to volts
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead
to pin B on trailer end connector.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to pin D on trailer end connector.
(5) While assistant fully applies brake
pedal, observe multimeter.
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
release brake pedal and
repair/replace 24 vdc cable.
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, 24 vdc
cable is OK.
(6) Release brake pedal.
(7) Connect 24 vdc cable to front junction
box connector MC15.