Remove all jewelry such as rings, dog tags,
bracelets, etc. If jewelry or tools contact
positive electrical circuits, a direct short
may result. Damage to equipment, injury, or
death to personnel may occur.
(1) Disconnect diode assembly from
diode assembly connector.
(2) Set multimeter select switch to vdc.
(3) Connect positive (+) multimeter lead to
diode assembly connector terminal 10.
(4) Connect negative (--) multimeter lead
to a known good ground.
(5) While assistant turns ON ENGINE
switch and turns on LIGHT switch,
(a) If 22 to 28 vdc are not present,
perform Steps (6) and (7) below
and repair wire 1008C--6 (see
schematic, Fig FO-1.1) or replace
trailer main wire harness
(b) If 22 to 28 vdc are present, wire
1008C-6 is OK.
(6) Turn off LIGHT switch.
(7) Turn OFF ENGINE switch.